Hello fellow warriors! This recipe was inspired by a bean salad, which consisted of kidney beans, corn, and chickpeas. I was thinking of how to have a delicious, Thiocyanate filled, healthy meal, and I came up with this. The first time I made it, it came out amazing! It’s pretty
- SC Gathering & Educational Symposium AppreciationWOOHOO!!!! We made it! The 2014 Sickle Cell Warriors Gathering is now officially over! Thank you [...]
- Meet Tiara Williams: College Student, Daughter, Champion, Warrior! Today we will be speaking with Tiara Williams, a 21 year old from Chicago, who [...]
- Sickle Cell Families Need Direct Support Services Being the parents of a Sickle Cell Warrior (SCW), we know giving up is never [...]
- Recipe: Red Bean & Chickpea SoupHello fellow warriors! This recipe was inspired by a bean salad, which consisted of kidney beans, [...]
- Meet Tristan Lee: Fashion Designer, Model, Poet, Warrior! Today, we are speaking with Tristan Lee, a loving and talented model, actor, poet, and [...]
- Warrior Parents: Know When It’s Time to Go! In today’s society, almost no one will understand you position in caring for your little [...]
- How to Become VegetarianWhen I became vegetarian 28 years ago it wasn’t something I really thought about. However, [...]
- All About the Sickle Cell Gathering The Gathering last year, a cruise to the Bahamas Hey Warrior Family! We hope you are [...]
- Yoga and Sickle CellI recently started teaching yoga to sickle cell patients. I specialize in yoga therapy, and [...]
- Embrace Your Crockpot on Days You are SickAs someone with sickle cell, I try to make my life easier to deal with-- [...]
- Learning Ayurveda’s Morning RoutineAyurveda is an ancient system of taking care of your body. It comes from the [...]
- It’s NOT Always Sickle CellThis message is for everyone, and is a warning that should be taken seriously. Warriors, [...]
- Pink Pancakes Pink Pancakes No matter if your warrior is a girl or boy; they will absolutely love [...]
- What Is Oil Pulling?Oil pulling is the latest trend to take the wellness community by storm. However it’s [...]
- Schools & Parents Can Work Together From October 2013 until January 2014 my warrior had been in and out of the [...]
When I became vegetarian 28 years ago it wasn’t something I really thought about. However, it was the best decision I ever made. I had been very ill for a long time. I joked that I personally built the new wing on the hospital. I got out of the hospital
What do you do for food when you are in a pain crisis? April suggests a crockpot as a viable solution, that will feed you and your family all day!
Check out this delicious and easy recipe from Jessica Seinfeld, courtesy of our resident warrior mom.
How can you get your little one to eat more veggies? Here is a great recipe that might be beneficial.
A healthy, simple, thiocyanate filled recipe, which is a great and tasty way to start the day.
Ever wondered what else you can do to improve your health, avoid sickle cell episodes, and generally feel better? Here are some basic tips to get you started–from one warrior to another.
Elle Jenae shares a favorite family recipe that is healthy, delicious, and packed with nutrients for her growing family. Join the ZFamily at dinner table and bon appetite!
With sickle cell, you have to learn to live a life of balance. Our Health & Wellness expert April gives some advice how to achieve balance through daily rituals.
TBoz talks about sickle cell on the Doctor’s Show on TV, and gives suggestions on how to improve your sickle life via diet.
Pain meds can lead to constipation. Keep your bowels running smoothly with a few tips from other warriors just like you.
Did you know that food could prevent a crisis? Read this throwback article that introduced me to the benefits of thiocyanate and its anti-sickling properties.
I made this last night, and it was delicious! It’s healthy, rich in thiocyanate, and perfect for cold winter evenings
This recipe has all the earmarks of being perfect for those with sickle cell; great root vegetables, easy to prepare, and rich in thiocyanate
With sickle cell, carrots and potatoes are supposed to be our staples. Here is a recipe that uses them all flawlessly combined with some protein thrown in.