World Sickle Cell Day 2020 – Call to Action
Most important is June 19th is officially designated as World Sickle Cell Awareness Day. Therefore this 2020, as a part of the SiNERGe shine the light on sickle cell campaign we are asking the community to “mask up” for sickle cell. This is because individuals living with sickle cell disease are more susceptible to getting COVID-19. Thus we are “masking up” to help protect them while spreading awareness and important information about sickle cell disease.
SCDAA World Sickle Cell Day Hashtags
#WorldSickleCellDay #shinethelightonsicklecell #MaskUp4SickleCell #UnveiltheFacts #BehindtheMask
Campaign #1: #MaskUp4SickleCell
How to Participate: Firstly, take a selfie wearing a mask (preferably red). Then, follow the steps below to share your photo on social media using the #MaskUp4SickleCell photo frame.
Create A Facebook Post with your #MaskUp4SickleCell Selfie:
- Take a 2020 photo in your red face mask using Square size (or crop photo into a square)
- Sign in to Facebook and go to Promote our SCD Campaign Page
- In the Text section, type our suggested text:
In celebration of #WorldSickleCellDay, I wear a red mask to raise awareness for #SickleCell. Select the “Apply effect to the image” box
- Click “Change Photo” and upload your masked photo (For best results, use a square-sized photo).
- Select “Post”
Update Your Facebook Profile Picture Frame with #MaskUp4SickleCell:
- Go to www.facebook.com/profilepicframes
- Search “World Sickle Cell Day 2020 #MaskUp4SickleCell”
- Select the Profile Picture Frame uploaded by Sick Cells
- In the “Add a Description” section, type our suggested text:
In celebration of #WorldSickleCellDay, I wear a red mask to raise awareness for #SickleCell.
5. Select “Use as Profile Picture”
Campaign #2: #UnveiltheFacts
#UnveiltheFacts aims to dispel the misconceptions about SCD by sharing educational facts. By sharing these graphics, you can help break down stigmas and make our voices heard.
How to Participate: Share the following graphics and messages on your social media pages