Research Study Request: Chronic Pain in Sickle Cell Disease


From time to time, we get requests from researchers who would like members of the sickle cell community to participate in various types of research. This inquiry has been pre-screened, and your info will be kept confidential and private. Please use your own judgement, and only proceed if you fee comfortable doing so. Terry is looking for 8 people to participate in his doctorate thesis on sickle cell disease. Please contact him directly.

Participants Wanted for a Research Study

“The experiences of individuals with chronic pain caused by SCD: A Case Study”

 This research study seeks to understand the experience of individuals living with chronic pain caused

by sickle cell disease.

Participation in this study will include either a face to face interview or a phone interview.

This interview will be approximately 1-1.5 hours in length

To participate in this study:

  • You must be over 18 years of age
  • You have been diagnosed with sickle cell disease
  • You experience chronic pain

This research will be conducted at:

Face to Face: the closet local library with a private room

Telephone: When you are without distraction for 1-1.5 hours in your home

For more information call:

Terry Rhone- 843-830-4184

Please limit call hours to 6-9 pm M-F and 1-9 pm on Sat


This research is conducted under the direction of the Harold Able School of Psychology, Capella University


  1. I’m wanting to find out more about nicosan.My daughter is 19 years old,faces doctors often who puts their life on hydroxyurea. She’s been on it before but didn’t like the side effects and plus research steered her against it. A while back I read where you were having problems getting it from Nigeria due to embezzlement issues with the company. I’d like to find out if that’s still the case and do you know where we can purchase nicosan.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here