Hey everyone! Welcome to our very first newsletter! I’m trying to have a system to catalog the various amazing conversations we are having on the Sickle Cell Warriors Facebook Page. There is so much learning, teaching, and sharing going on that I don’t want you to miss a thing! So I will post the Hot Topics (questions with more than 50 responses) from the month of January and any other links that I think may be interesting to the group. All you have to do is click on the link for that thread and it will take you directly to the Facebook discussion.
Don’t forget to contribute, like, or share with those affected by sickle cell in your life. As always, thank you to my 7400+ fabulous warriors who make the Sickle Cell community so rewarding and supportive. We are all in this together. Love, light, health and blessings, ~Sickle Cell Warrior.
January Discussion Links on the SCW Facebook Page
Medications and Complications of Sickle Cell
Side Effects of Hydroxyurea
- Ringing in Ears from Coumadin/Hydroxyurea
- Improving the Taste of ExJade for Iron Overload
- Hydroxyrea=Low Platelets=Bone Marrow Biopsy
- Pain Pump Implant: Yes or NO?
Infection of Teeth/Jaw
- Sickle Cell SC vs SS, What is the Difference?
- Birth Control and Sickle Cell
- Osteoarthritis and Sickle Cell
- Debilitating Headaches with Sickle Cell
- Stroke Symptoms or Sickle Cell Crisis?
- Pregnancy with Sickle Cell
- Best Meds for Malaria: Yes you can have Malaria even with sickle cell!
- Other ways for Managing Iron Overload or affording expensive Exjade
- Cause of Facial and Feet Swelling without any pain
- Abscessed Tooth Triggering a Crisis?
- Considering BMT. What are your thoughts?
Living and Coping with Sickle Cell
- Tips for JobHunters with SickleCell
- Tell your Job you have SickleCell?
- Getting Kicked out of School by the Dean b/c of Sickle Cell
- Signs for a Baby to Tell She is in Crisis
- Most Painful Body Part You Can’t Ignore
- Muscle Cramps during a Pain Crisis
- Checking for Enlarged Spleen in Children during Constipation
- Sickle Cell Trait Precautions for Children and Teens
- Acupuncture: Does it Help with Sickle cell?
- Natural Ways to raise Hemoglobin
- HotTub Tips for Sickle Cell Warriors
- VENT: So much Pain, I was crying, but the nurse told me to shut up….
- HOT TOPIC: Natural Ways of Dealing with Insomnia
- No Health Insurance, What should I do?
- HOT TOPIC: Marijuana/Weed Smoking for Pain Management?
- Tips for Getting your Child to take their Penicillin
- What are you Grateful For Today?
- “I believe in God, But how do you emotionally cope and deal with the constant pain and hospitalizations with #sicklecell?” Share your comments below or in her thread. See the full post here: http://www.facebook.com/SickleCellWarriors/posts/10151252434952849
- Caregiver Emotions and Moods
- Depression or Crazy? Anyone feel it too?
- The T-Boz Reality Show, and another episode chat here
- Losing Faith and Getting Down Emotionally tough times
- As a Parent, Handling Emotions of having a child with sickle cell
- Pain driving you insane?
[stextbox id=”custom”]Cedono says, “I thoroughly enjoyed reading all the comments in here, and I’ve felt the same way at one point or the other. Every day that I open my eyes, I’m thankful for life, especially if I’ve awoken with no pain and the ability to press on with my day. It may be hard, it may be a struggle, but I’m lucky to be alive. We all are. We are here for a purpose and our stories show the strength of the human spirit. We’ll keep on going, no matter what life throws at us: “Pursue your dreams, because God doesn’t give his weakest soldiers his hardest work; he gives his work to the strongest ones” Tardieu[/stextbox]
Listening to: Amanda Perez “God Send Me an Angel”