Here are a few tips continued from my last post.
- It is important to eat fruits and vegetables that are in viagra canadian pharmacy season. What is in season tastes better, and costs much less than what is out of season.
- Another tip is to visit the Farmers market or join a co-op, these often have discounted vegetables and fruits and they are mostly organic.
- Try new foods and vegetables, buy fresh herbs to season your food.
- Instead of dumping salt in everything, use lemon and lime zest and the juice to add flavor to your foods.
- Try some of the super foods when in season such as blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, and gogi berries.
- Give Tofu a try, it is very inexpensive and a good meat substitute.
- Ease into giving up meat if you cannot do it all of a sudden. Have one vegetarian day a week, for a month then have another one. Keep adding on days until you can go several weeks without meat. Just have it in your mind that a few days being meat free will not hurt you.
- Add more vegetables to your diet, and eat more fruit. I cannot stress this enough! Suggestions are a fruit for ‘dessert’ with every meal, and a vegetable as one of your side dishes with every meal.
- Have a big salad for dinner with a small baked sweet potato seasoned with cinnamon and a healthy oil ~ (olive oil or coconut oil)
- For snacks eat baby carrots, hummus with vegetable or baked pita chips you can make yourself.
- Avoid white products (white flour, white rice, white sugar, and bread) and switch to whole wheat flour, brown rice, trubinado sugar, agave nectar, and whole wheat bread.
These first few steps will make you healthier and feel better. Your body will undergo what is called a healing crisis. Basically it is detoxing and removing all the toxins out of your body as you start to eat healthier and feel better. When I became vegetarian I did it gradually. I threw away all the beef and pork. I ate chicken and fish for another year. Then I stopped eating chicken, and only ate seafood for two years. It was a gradually process, but I eventually stopped eating seafood.
I cannot force you to eat right or become vegetarian; I can only tell you what eating better has done for me. It has changed my life. I have been a vegetarian for 25 years. Along with holistic therapies I have never been healthier. I still get sick, but I have not been hospitalized in eighteen months. Once, I went for four years without a hospitalization. I have Sickle Cell SS, which is thought to be the worst type. And yet, I am healthy. I work out, teach people to be yoga teachers.
I am fortunate to have a hectic life that does not revolve around my illness. That is what matters. That you live a life instead of being sick all the time and not enjoying your life as much. These small changes will make you want to take even better care of yourself. Once you incorporate these changes into your life you will feel like making more healthy changes like exercising, doing yoga, taking a walk. Take the first few steps into becoming a healthier and stronger version of you.