Don’t forget to Join our Facebook Community!
First of all, if sickle cell has touched your life in any way, you are a warrior. Are you a sickle cell warrior living life to the fullest regardless of sickle cell? Are you a mother, father, or grandparent caring for a sickle cell warrior? Are you in school, working or managing a household? Would you like the your sickle cell story featured on this website?
If so, complete the following questions and email back to us. Submitting your story gives us your express consent to publish it on the website. If selected, your story will be posted in the featured section “Warriors in the Spotlight.” If you would like a picture included in the post, please send us an appropriate picture of you. If no picture is sent with your submission, we will use a stock photo that the editor feels best represents you.You can email your response to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note that there is an editing process for readability and fluidity of your responses. However we strive to maintain the essence of your interview.
Feel free to answer them all, or just the ones that you feel comfortable sharing. Try to be as detailed as possible. Remember, you story can inspire someone else. Thank you so much!
- How old where you when you found out you had sickle cell?
- How were you able to cope with school and sickle cell?
- How did your childhood and your parents influence you in your choice of career?
- What do you do? What kind of experience and schooling does one need to get your job?
- Describe a typical day on your job.
- How do you manage SCD and still maintain a thriving career?
- Have you noticed a difference in how your coworkers treat you once they know you have SCD?
- What advice would you give to someone wanting to join your profession that has sickle cell?
- Has sickle cell limited any areas of your life?
- When you do reach obstacles in your life, what helps you through it?
- Do you have regular pain (more than 2x a week)? How do you cope with this when you are working?
- What is your daily medication regimen and what medications do you take when you are in pain?
- How has sickle cell affected your personal life? For example, are you in a relationship, do you have kids, etc.
- If you aren’t single and fabulous:), please tell us about your significant other. How have they helped you with sickle cell? How did your relationship evolve taking into account your sickle cell? When did you tell him/her?
- If you do have kids, please describe in as much detail as possible, how your pregnancy, labor and delivery was. Do any of your kids have sickle cell disease?
- Looking at the 14 year old version of yourself, what would you tell him or her if you could…?
- Is there anything else that you would want to tell other sickle cell warriors?
Thank you so much for doing this interview!!!