Hi, my name is KiAnna and I’m 24 going on 25 this spring. I’m adopted and the oldest of 11. 5 adopted, 5 biological to my adopted parents, and 2
- Meet KiAnna – Daughter, Wife, Warrior Hi, my name is KiAnna and I’m 24 going on 25 this spring. I’m adopted and the oldest of 11. 5 adopted, 5 biological to my adopted parents, and 2...
- You Can Make a Difference! Hello everyone! Sickle Cell Warriors, we often hear complaints that there is not enough being done for Sickle Cell Disease. I’m extremely disappointed to find out that out of over...
- 5 Tips for Managing Avascular Necrosis in Sickle Cell Many of us with sickle cell suffer from avascular necrosis of the hip, where the bone is damaged by sickle cell blockage, leading to a prolonged limp, pain on that...
- Who’s Really On Your Team? This week was a sad week for my family because after twenty years, I have decided to transfer to another hospital for the medical care for my 8 year old...
- Get Well Wednesday: RN Tosin Ola Answers Your Sickle Cell Questions Hey Warrior Fam, Check out our Founder, Tosin Ola’s interview with the Tom Joyner radio show. Repping for Sickle Cell all the time. Awareness is integral and we all must...
Hello everyone! Sickle Cell Warriors, we often hear complaints that there is not enough being done for Sickle Cell Disease.
Many of us with sickle cell suffer from avascular necrosis of the hip, where the bone is damaged by sickle
Breonna asks, “Where are all the Warriors in nursing school? I am about to begin my second semester of LPN school and I have two children. What are you doing
Many of us have heard over and over again that having sickle cell and being pregnant puts you in a high risk category. Set your mind at ease pregnant moms-to-be…Sickle Cell Warrior has done some research for you.
If you were considering using marijuana for sickle cell, here are a few things to think about.
Have you ever wondered why you have pain or a crises after a night of drinking? Well let me break it down for you.
Alot of nurses/doctors give out wrong information because they don’t understand the intricacies of cross matching. There is a huge misconception about this blood thing and since we get blood often, it’s important for us to sort out the truth from fallacy.
After 5,489 needlesticks and IV starts, you have finally made a decision to get a Port-a-Cath. Here’s the 4-1-1 from other warriors like you.
I was wondering if anyone else has pain right before their period starts or during. I never was a woman to get cramps or migraines but i do get pains
For the last few years, many people have come to me asking about the efficacy of Dioscovite. I have never taken it, but I know many sickle cell warriors have
It’s been very hard to obtain life insurance with sickle cell disease. Here are a few tips that may get your application approved.
How can you exercise and work out without falling sick? Should we even work out? Check out what other sickle cell warriors suggest…
Official sickle cell disease ribbon is unveiled at last!
Ever wanted to be in a sickle cell documentary? Well if you live in or around NY, this project may be something to look into.
Check out this inspiring story about a sister that took her sickle cell journey to whole new heights…literally.
This entry is long, but so useful if you are having problems with your memory, and getting tasks accomplished at work, school, or home because of sickle cell.
Today we will be speaking with Tiara Williams, a 21 year old from Chicago, who is a dedicated student and warrior. Her goal is to do Social Work
Here is another excellent resource dedicated to sickle cell disease. Gary Gibson, President of the Martin Center Sickle Cell Initiative has been hosting this amazing show for the last few
Hello Warrior Family! This letter is a year late but I finally finished it. Apologies for the delay. Read on and you will see why… It’s been a while since
Hello everyone! As you probably know, World Sickle Cell Day is around the corner on June 19th! This was established by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is celebrated all