The most important day of my life is the day my parents explained the essence of the pain I have gone through majority of my life. Around the age of
- Isata Lakoh – The Most Important Day The most important day of my life is the day my parents explained the essence of the pain I have gone through majority of my life. Around the age of...
- Research Study Request: Chronic Pain in Sickle Cell Disease From time to time, we get requests from researchers who would like members of the sickle cell community to participate in various types of research. This inquiry has been pre-screened,...
- Sickle Cell Action Network at 1pm PST Tuesdays Here is another excellent resource dedicated to sickle cell disease. Gary Gibson, President of the Martin Center Sickle Cell Initiative has been hosting this amazing show for the last few...
- Ode to the Caregiver To all the Warrior Moms, Dads, Lovers, Sisters, Brothers, Husbands, Wives, Children & Caregivers. This one is for you. Thank you for being our angels. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL…………………………. You are...
- Roasted Beets and Sweets This recipe has all the earmarks of being perfect for those with sickle cell; great root vegetables, easy to prepare, and rich in thiocyanate...
From time to time, we get requests from researchers who would like members of the sickle cell community to participate
Here is another excellent resource dedicated to sickle cell disease. Gary Gibson, President of the Martin Center Sickle Cell Initiative
As parents of warriors, we must always be alert when managing our babies’ Sickle Cell disease. Recently, I had another eye-opening experience while dealing with doctors after my warrior temporarily
Is it possible to find love with sickle cell? It surely is! Follow Kena as she shares her story of heartbreak, romance, finding love and happily ever after.
One of the first things that patients with sickle cell want to know is how they can increase their hemoglobin levels. Hemoglobin is a protein found in red blood cells
Have you ever wondered why you have pain or a crises after a night of drinking? Well let me break it down for you.
After 5,489 needlesticks and IV starts, you have finally made a decision to get a Port-a-Cath. Here’s the 4-1-1 from other warriors like you.
I was wondering if anyone else has pain right before their period starts or during. I never was a woman to get cramps or migraines but i do get pains
For the last few years, many people have come to me asking about the efficacy of Dioscovite. I have never taken it, but I know many sickle cell warriors have
Alot of nurses/doctors give out wrong information because they don’t understand the intricacies of cross matching. There is a huge misconception about this blood thing and since we get blood often, it’s important for us to sort out the truth from fallacy.
It’s been very hard to obtain life insurance with sickle cell disease. Here are a few tips that may get your application approved.
Read about April’s journey from becoming a yoga student to a yoga master, and a teacher’s teacher.
Official sickle cell disease ribbon is unveiled at last!
Ever wanted to be in a sickle cell documentary? Well if you live in or around NY, this project may be something to look into.
Check out this inspiring story about a sister that took her sickle cell journey to whole new heights…literally.
This entry is long, but so useful if you are having problems with your memory, and getting tasks accomplished at work, school, or home because of sickle cell.
Today, we are speaking with Tristan Lee, a loving and talented model, actor, poet, and fashion designer. Despite having had a stroke early in life, Tristan has pressed forward to
Hello Warrior Family! This letter is a year late but I finally finished it. Apologies for the delay. Read on and you will see why… It’s been a while since
Hello everyone! As you probably know, World Sickle Cell Day is around the corner on June 19th! This was established by the World Health Organization (WHO) and is celebrated all
Sickle Cell Warriors!!! We need your help! Please read the letter below and send your comment into the FDA. We have until February 16th to respond as a community. The
WOOHOO!!!! We made it! The 2014 Sickle Cell Warriors Gathering is now officially over! Thank you so much for everyone who has attended and made this experience phenomenal. Lakiea &